Monday, June 01, 2009

UPs and downs

Yesterday was full of surprises, let me tell you. First, my precious Mac G5 (the one I've been using for six years now) just up and died on me. The nice Apple lady over the phone said I will probably need to replace the hard drive, which is not quite the tragedy it would have been a few months ago, before I bought myself a lovely cherry red 500GB external hard drive. Too bad I didn't think to back up the work I did all Saturday...

Blerg. In any case, here's a taste of one of the things I've been working on: a silly Watchmen lineup. Keep in mind that (obviously) it's not finished and it still needs tweaking here and there, among other things. For example, Laurie will actually be wearing a costume...


Things picked up later on when I went to see Pixar's UP (yay!), except that the theater messed up and forgot to screen the accompanying short Partly Cloudy beforehand (or afterhand). On the bright side, with the free movie passes they gave me to make up for their mistake I'll get to watch UP a second time!

As another plus (such a plus!) my version of Gabe Swarr's "Big Pants Mouse" strip is being featured today on the Dumm Comics website!! I submitted it to them during their Great Dumm Tryout in January and won this Official Guest Spot for Cutest Drawings! Huzzah! It's not as funny as I would have liked it to be. I seem to recall coming up with a funny punchline and then forgetting it midway through. It is what it is, though, and I'm proud of it. See the rest of it here!

3 comments:

Christine said...

v. cool! go tills!

Kyle M. said...

What ever happened to that Watchmen print? I think I need it.

Tillie Sain said...

@Kyle: It sort of got pushed back by other arts, I'm sorry to say, but as those are near completion I'm about ready to kick it back into gear!