Friday, January 26, 2007

i'm bringing sexy back

Scribbling, scribbling, scribbling. I'm trying to get over my super-freak perfectionist ways so I can churn out the rough animation for my 3-minute piece. It's harder for me to think in terms of shapes than it is for me to draw what's in my mind's eye. On the one hand, I have less mess to clean up later, but on the other hand the going is slow. Maybe I should try working without an eraser to keep the form loose and bring out the gestures.

I'm taking some new courses, and by "new" I mean "3-D". And a motion-capture course. This might not be the easiest direction for me, but by golly that's what all the big-time animation companies like to see on resumes. It seems anyone can vomit this stuff out nowadays, so I gotta get with the program.

Also, take this:

No comments: