Sunday, October 22, 2006

i've created a monster

This was not something I should have been working on late at night. Having this clay face stare at me in its unblinking I, Robot-esque state really gives me the heebie jeebies. It's part of a stop-motion project in which I have to animate the extreme facial expressions of a person created out of a block of clay. I may have gone overboard. I plan on deconstructing him a bit so I can concentrate more on the animation rather than sculpting. I really want to dig in and get my hands dirty for this piece to give clay exaggeration its due.

Oh God, how will I get all this clay out from under my nails...?

Right: in progress, Left: completed (still to be scheduled for demolition)

1 comment:

Lou Hamou-Lhadj said...

Oh man! Crazy... I don't think I've ever seen any of your stop-motion work? Please be sure to upload the test won't you?? =D